Tips on Selecting Athletic Shoes
- Select a shoe specific to your sport or activity. A general rule is that if you participate in a sport more than 3 hours per week, use a sport-specific shoe.
- Purchase your shoes from a specialty athletic store. The staff at these stores are knowledgeable about shoe manufacturers and shoe fit to help find the best option for your foot type.
- Have your feet measured every time you purchase a new pair of athletic shoes. Your shoe size can vary, and shoes sizes often differ between manufacturers.
- Shop for shoes in the afternoon, when your feet will be at their largest.
- If you are a runner, or participate in a sport that requires a lot of running, it’s a good idea to have an orthotic custom-fitted to your foot to put in your shoes. This ensures proper support and comfort.
We are foot specialists that are here to help you. If you have questions about proper shoe sizing, custom orthotics, or gait analysis, please contact us today!
Disclaimer: The information and other content provided in our blogs, videos, or in any other content or linked materials are not intended and should not be construed as medical advice, nor is the information a substitute for professional medical expertise or treatment. For a full disclaimer, please click here.