Do You Have Weak Arches? Test Arch Strength and Health with Foot Push Ups!
Do you have weak arches? Do they bother you when you have to stand on tiptoe to reach for something? Do they ache without much effort? Well, we have a way for you to test your arch strength! Here’s what you need to do:
- Lose the socks and stand facing a counter or high table.
- Place your palms on the counter using slight pressure. Straighten your back.
- Straighten your back and lift one foot completely off of the floor.
- Now slowly lift the heel of your other foot off the floor by placing all of your weight on the ball of your foot. You should be standing on a high tiptoe with this foot.
- Lower your heel back to the floor.
- Repeat 10 times. Then switch feet.
How did you do?
Did you have problems doing just one, or did you breeze through this at-home test?
If you had problems doing all 10 repetitions your arches may be fatigued. Foot push-ups are a way to strengthen this area of the foot.
Was there any pain when you attempted to lift your foot off of the floor?
If you find it hard to rise up onto the ball of your foot without putting lots of pressure on the table or counter with your hands there may be a problem with your arch. If you feel pain, you should contact a podiatrist to determine what might be causing a weak arch, such as flat foot or fallen arch.
Contacting your podiatrist for weak and fatigued arches is recommended to manage arch issues and keep your feet healthy and pain free.
If you suffer from painful arches, contact the experts at Triad Foot Center at one of their three convenient locations in Greensboro, Burlington and Asheboro or click here to request an appointment.
Disclaimer: The information and other content provided in our blogs, videos, or in any other content or linked materials are not intended and should not be construed as medical advice, nor is the information a substitute for professional medical expertise or treatment. For a full disclaimer, please click here.